Upcoming virtual cooking class!
Caramelized Vanilla and Mocha Napoleons
October 27, 2021 @7 pm EST. Click here to sign up
Virtual Pre – Thanksgiving Baking Class
Pear & Almond Tart and a Fruit Galette (flavor your choice!)
Tuesday November 23 at 7:00pm EST. Price $45 per person. If you sign up a friend, you each pay $40. Click here to message Paula to sign up.
Private and Corporate Zoom Classes for Adults
Classes can be single classes or a series. Together we choose a menu and a convenient time. This can be for adults or children.
Pricing: $600 for up to 6 people. $1000 for group classes for up to 25 participants. Message for information on larger groups. Classes can be food or desserts, seasonal, be related to a holiday, a theme or something you would like to learn.
- Bat mitzvahs
- birthday parties
- Bachelorette parties
- Bridal showers
- Book clubs
- Kid and teen birthday parties
- Couples or family cooking classes
- Introduction to cooking for new brides
- Office parties
Message Paula to organize a class. Payment is via Venmo.
Paula Shoyer has been doing zoom events since Passover, attracting as many as 600 people to her virtual events. She teaches recipes, both demonstrations and cook- or bake-alongs, talks about strategies for meal planning, ingredient substitutions and extending the shelf life of food. She explains how the meals we plan can connect us with memories of people and places and how to use food to comfort each other even when we cannot be in the same place.
Cost: $1000 per virtual class. Paula typically charges $1600 for an in-person event and asks the groups to promote the sale of Paula’s cookbooks. If you partner with another group, each group can pay $800.
Message Paula for more information.
Looking for after school classes where your teen cooks you dinner??
Available for ages 12-17. A series of 5 classes is $300 per household and classes are limited to 12 households. Recipes provided in advance once payment received. Organize your own group of friends.
- Broccoli and leek quiche, chopped string beans
- Caramelized onion and sweet potato soup, roasted salmon smashed potatoes
- Korean rice bowls with tofu
- Pita, tahini, chicken shwarma, chopped salad
- Fish tacos, mango coleslaw, tostones
- roasted salmon, ceasar salad, roasted whole carrots
- meatballs and spaghetti, roasted mixed vegetables
- vegan instant pot meal – lentil stew and rice
Peruvian Chicken (on the bone), salsa verde, rice, string beans with garlic
Seared Tuna with peanut sauce or avocado cream if nut allergy, potato gratin, ratatouille
- Homemade pizza, pesto and tomato sauces, roasted vegetables
Indian vegetable curry and rice, naan
To sign up, Message Paula. Payment is via Venmo.
Teens Basic or Advanced Baking
Cost is $325 per household, siblings working on one dessert together, max 6 students. Can be after school or Sundays.
1. madeleines, chocolate mousse2. crepes with chocolate sauce, palmiers3. opera layer cake (has nuts)4. lemon tart5. eclairs6. napoleons
Suggested Private Classe Themes
Healthy Weeknight Meals
Shabbat Dinner in an Hour
The Science of Soup
Instant Pot recipes
Healthy Side Dishes
The Art of Tarts & Pies
Quick Desserts for Busy People
Jewish Holiday Baking
Layer Cakes and Cake Decorating