Spanokopita HammantaschenMarch 9, 2016
Pear and Almond Pithivier CakeOctober 13, 2016
About 4 cups (950 ml)
store in the fridge for up to 5 days
may be made 3 days in advance
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 11/2 pounds [675 g]), peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 8-10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil or coconut oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 cup (240 ml) tahini
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon (2 g) parsley, minced (optional)
Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C). Toss the squash and garlic with the avocado oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast them for 25 minutes, or until very soft. Transfer the squash and garlic to the bowl of a food processor and add the tahini, lemon juice and salt. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. To serve, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
My family absolutely loved this recipe!
recipe and photo from The New Yiddish Kitchen by Simone Miller and Jennifer Robins (Page Street Publishing 2016)